Project Planning and Execution
Armed Forces Officials Welfare Organization (AFOWO) endeavors to provide dwelling units and other housing options to serving and retired Armed Forces Officials as well as their families. AFOWO facilitates housing for its members by tying up with various builders and developers. AFOWO does not construct any projects on its own.
AFOWO plans and executes new housing projects or schemes in two stages – (i) Conducting Demand Survey, and (ii) Project Construction.
In the first stage, the Demand Survey is planned and conducted as follows:
- AFOWO conducts Demand Survey to assess the demand as well as to identify the exact location where a new Housing project or scheme can be developed.
- While conducting a Demand Survey, all factors including the location,connectivity, its vicinity, legal status, price, scope for appreciation etc, are taken into account.
- After being satisfied that the members would get a good housing option at a reasonable price, along with their interests being safeguarded, reputed developers and builders in that area are identified and shortlisted.
- The selected builders and developers are then screened to check the land status and its ownership, project approvals, clearances and licensing from Government bodies, work experience and standing of the builder etc. After studying and comparing various options, the best one is finalized and members are notified regarding the same.
- Members who wish to book a dwelling unit in the upcoming project can do so by filling an Application form and depositing the advance amount.
The project is constructed on the following basis:
- The builder constructs the project as per the approved plans and the specifications as provided to the buyers. AFOWO ensures good quality of material and timely completion of the project by constantly supervising and inspecting the works carried on the site.
- AFOWO assists its members in all the paperwork including signing of the Builder Buyer Agreement (BBA), applying and getting bank loans, besides any other problem that may arise during construction or thereafter.
- Members are required to pay the cost of the dwelling unit in instalments through bank loan or self funding as provided in the BBA. All payments are to be made by cheques / drafts / net banking.
- After the completion of construction to the satisfaction of AFOWO, the builder obtains necessary certificates from the civil / government authorities, and the possession of dwelling units given to the owners.
- Thereafter AFOWO strives to help and assist the buyers to form their Residents’ Welfare Association (RWA) also.
Disclaimer: AFOWO is a registered society under Govt of India Societies Registration Act 1860 and is not connected to AFNHB or AWHO in any manner.
Copyright © 2015 AFOWO India, All Rights Reserved.